Dr Andrew Crossland is a specialist in the social, technical and economic modelling of energy systems. In 2017, Andrew won the “Rising Star” Award from Energy UK recognising his work in the rapidly changing electricity system.
He has more than seven years experience in multi-disciplinary energy projects including:
- a PhD finding how to reduce the costs of electricity distribution using energy storage
- techno-economic modelling of railway electrification in Northern England at the British railway network operator
- building the first retail residential PV and energy storage offer in Europe
- developing the UKs first zero carbon heat and power for a commercial building
- building business cases for a multi-megawatt behind the meter battery using PV self-consumption, complex grid tariffs and ancillary services
- winning the largest renewable microgrid project in East Africa
Andrew also runs the electricity tracking website https://twitter.com/mygridgb which proposes alternative electrification scenarios for homes and countries.